While we are waiting for Spring to make a proper appearance after a couple of false starts, why not try baking another delicious Gullane Glögg cake recipe; the third one from Susanne of Frangipane. Tasty coffee and walnut cupcakes with a beautiful butter icing….
For the cake
- 100g softened butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon coffee essence or espresso coffee
For the icing:
- 225g icing sugar
- 74g softened butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Gullane Glögg
- Pre-heat the oven to 160º/Fan 140º/Gas 3.
- Put 10 cupcake paper cases into a 12-hole bun tin.
- Measure all the cake ingredients into a bowl and beat well until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases evenly and bake for about 20 minutes. The cakes should be springy when baked.
- Remove the cases from the bun tin and put on a wire rack to cool while you make the icing.
- Beat the icing sugar, butter and Gullane Glögg together to make a smooth butter icing.
- Once the cakes are completely cool, pipe or spread on top of the cakes.