I am so sorry it has taken me a while to get back to posting recipes here, as I mentioned in my previous post I sort of got slammed with orders in November/December (thank you thank you!) and looking after the website took a back burner… But further to the scrummy Chocolate Orange Glögg cake recipe here is the 2nd recipe from the amazing Susanne of Frangipane. A simple but fruity loaf cake, just yummy….
- 375g mixed, dried fruit (currants, sultanas, raisins, mixed peel, cherries)
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 300ml Gullane Glögg
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 beaten egg
- butter for greasing
You will need 1 x 2lb loaf tin
- Mix the dried fruits together with the sugar and pour over the Gullane Glogg. Cover and leave to steep overnight.
- Next day, butter and line the loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour and cinnamon into the fruit mix and add the egg.
- Mix everything together well then put into the loaf tin. Level the surface.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 150º (130 º Fan, Gas 2) for 11/2 – 13/4 hours, until well-risen and firm to the touch. A fine skewer inserted into the middle should come out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes then tip it out and remove the lining paper. Once cool, slice and serve with butter.