The final recipe from Susanne at Frangipane, an Orange and Cinnamon Gullane Glogg Drizzle cake - what a delicious series of recipes, Thank you so much Susanne!
- 225g butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 275g self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- zest of two oranges
- 2-3 tablespoons Gullane Glogg for drizzling
You will need a 2lb loaf tin
- Pre-heat the oven to 160o/Fan 140o/Gas 3. Grease a 2lb loaf tin and line with baking parchment.
- Measure all the ingredients except the Gullane Glogg into a bowl and beat well. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and level the top.
- Bake in the pre-heated over for about 1 1/2 1 3/4 hours or until the cake is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted, comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes then turn out carefully onto a wire cooling rack.
- When it is still slightly warm, put the cake back into the tin and drizzle over the Gullane Glogg. You may want to stab the top of the cake with a skewer before to allow the Gullane Glogg to soak through. Leave the Gullane Glogg to soak in and then lift the cake out of the tin and peel off the paper.
Top tip: dont drizzle the Gullane Glogg over the cake when it is still hot, or it will just all go right through the cake and sit on the bottom.